Artist Statement: I have always been intrigued by faces and the way artists depict them. My parents had a print by Modigliani in our home for years and the innocence and simplicity of line and color in that portrait fascinated me. Somewhere between realism and total abstraction, Modigliani made me fall in love with faces. Years later, Matisse made me fall in love with color. I have been making “paper ladies” my entire life. As an only child growing up in the 1950ʼs, I spent a great deal of time entertaining myself. A box of crayons (the big 64 pack, if I was lucky), miles of scotch tape, cardboard from my Dadʼs laundered shirts, scissors and my imagination were all I need for hours of solitary creativity. A decade after receiving my art degree from Mount Mercy University, I returned to earn an endorsement in education. I retired after 22 year of teaching students of all ages and abilities.
ANN K. PAULSON
Mediium: Collage, Painting
- About Us
- Retail Gallery
- Special Exhibits
- Photo Album
- Classes & Workshops
- Community Progams
- Contact us
- Retail Gallery Application
- Arthur Geisert Collection
- Art from the Attic
- Glass Meets Canvas
- Creative Couples Exhibit
- New Season - New Art 2018
- The Greatest Show on Earth
- Fiber Art
- Reflection on Portrait Impressions
- Portrait Impressions - a sneak preview
- Purchasing Original Art
- Local Inspirations - coming soon
- First Impressions
- 2017 Open for Business
- Folk Art Review and A Secret Garden Coming Soon
- Exploring Folk Art
- Friday the 13th - Season Opening!
- 2016 Season at MMCA & The Left Bank Shop & Gallery
- Passion & Inspiration│Opens Friday, Sept 4th!
- That Tree and Nature Pottery runs through Aug 31st and you don't want to miss it!
- Special Exhibit Opens this Friday, July 3rd!
- See What's Happening in June at MMCA!
- Behind the Scenes - Seasonal Grand Opening this Friday!
- May at MMCA